Nitro V3 12m.... Another WOW!

General discussion

Nitro V3 12m.... Another WOW!

Postby vwpete » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:12 am

Just wonna give big props to the designers, Well done! I have the 10m v3 and just got and went out on the 12m. Oh my god. I totally love it. Wind was at 16knots. This kite handles so well, still moves fast for its size, Boosts great, very light but still responsive on the bar. It’s so light I actually pumped up my method v1 9m. The bar pressure is lighter on the nitro 12m!

In the afternoon the wind got too strong, prob starting to hit gusts of around 23 or more. I could still manage to hold the kite fine and stay out, but when I sent the kite for a boost off a wave…… Oh my gaud, up up and away. As I was in the air (way up in the air) the kite still felt light, responsive with nice float. When I finally started coming down I gave the kite a tug, it pulled a smooth, even downloop and I touched down light and in control. I repeated this over and over again. Basically thanks to the Nitro V3, I am now the boost king of the area and my kiting skills seems to have improved 200%, as the kite is so stable, smooth with light bar pressure, I can now start to pull off easily board grabs, board offs and other slightly gay old school big air tricks. :D :D

I cannot think of a single negative for these kites, if I must pick some holes, the best I can come up with is that you need to pump the kites real hard otherwise they will deform slightly when you pull hard kite loops. That’s all I have got, and to be honest I have found this to be the case with a lot of kites. The harder and more aggressive you are with the kite, the harder you need it to be pumped.

I have just ordered an 8m as they are now available. Seriously well done. Guys.
Team Rider- Mandurah, West Australia
Nitro 12,10,8. Board MjComp
Me 90kg
Quick Kite Vid around my local spots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQzin3wUhI
vwpete

Re: Nitro V3 12m.... Another WOW!

Postby Coyote » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:13 am

vwpete wrote:Just wonna give big props to the designers, Well done! I have the 10m v3 and just got and went out on the 12m. Oh my god. I totally love it. Wind was at 16knots. This kite handles so well, still moves fast for its size, Boosts great, very light but still responsive on the bar. It’s so light I actually pumped up my method v1 9m. The bar pressure is lighter on the nitro 12m!

In the afternoon the wind got too strong, prob starting to hit gusts of around 23 or more. I could still manage to hold the kite fine and stay out, but when I sent the kite for a boost off a wave…… Oh my gaud, up up and away. As I was in the air (way up in the air) the kite still felt light, responsive with nice float. When I finally started coming down I gave the kite a tug, it pulled a smooth, even downloop and I touched down light and in control. I repeated this over and over again. Basically thanks to the Nitro V3, I am now the boost king of the area and my kiting skills seems to have improved 200%, as the kite is so stable, smooth with light bar pressure, I can now start to pull off easily board grabs, board offs and other slightly gay old school big air tricks. :D :D

I cannot think of a single negative for these kites, if I must pick some holes, the best I can come up with is that you need to pump the kites real hard otherwise they will deform slightly when you pull hard kite loops. That’s all I have got, and to be honest I have found this to be the case with a lot of kites. The harder and more aggressive you are with the kite, the harder you need it to be pumped.

I have just ordered an 8m as they are now available. Seriously well done. Guys.

The closest thing to being in heaven is NitroV3...
Team Rider-Norte de España
Switch Nitro3 12m./Nitro3 8m./MethodV2 6m.
MjComp2 136*41,5 & 140*43
My Referral Code: 303688
(Introduce my Code 303688 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits and Rewards!)
Coyote

Postby scotswitched » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:39 am

So I ordered a Nitro3 12m, not sure when it will arrive. Just like to find out from those lucky enough to be out on them:
> Do you have to constantly be on top of the kite or is it one you can park and play with a camera while kiting?
> Water relaunch? Is it difficult, there is mention of a 5th line I hope you don't need it to relaunch.
> Does it power trough the turns like the Element v1?
> If you mess up a jump will it overfly and drop out the sky?

All the best, and great kiting to all.
scotswitched

Postby felix » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:57 am

The Nitro12m is a really user friendly kite. No issue messing with a camera.
Water relaunch is effortless on all the nitro3 kites No need for a 5th line.
It has a similar turn to the Element2 - The nitro has more grunt thru the turn.
Every kite should be flown and not forgotten about when jumping. Saying this the nitro3 is really user friendly when you lose concentration or over fly it a little.
You should not have an issue.
Keep us posted and Enjoy.
felix

Postby scotswitched » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:56 pm

so got the kite yesterday, chose the free postage and am super happy that it came within 7 days of order. The kite itself is really high quality, I would rate it better than the Ozone C4 in construction. I could not be happier, I have it inflated in my living room and tell my wife its art :lol:
Still to get it in the air.
scotswitched

Postby queneseb » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:48 pm

you tell the true, it's art
My Referral Code: 100485
(Use my Code 100485 when Sign up or Buying on switchkites.com and obtain benefits, Rewards + Naked women !!)
queneseb

Postby felix » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 am

Please keep us posted on when you get to fly the new creature .
Enjoy.
felix

Postby maximum » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:57 am

i could also try the nitro v3 12 in tauranga. i really liked the kite. very fast turning for the 12 and really nice power. would be a good option instead of my element 13, because it was much faster and more power. the kite was very stable and super days to relaunch - like the element. the depower is very good, when you let go of the bar there is nearly no power in the kite. the bar pressure is light.

so all in all a very good kite and fast kite, specially for its size
thanks ralph for the kite :)

regards andi
maximum

Postby TomW » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:33 pm

how is the rear line pressure and steering control while kite is at top end and you have to depower?
how is the kite form stability during depower and high end?
Is bar pressure similar to Element 1 13m ?

is stated range of 12-26 knots realistic for 75kg kiter?

my only complaint about the Nitro V1 14 i had was too much bar pressure. and i rode it in waves and flat all over the place.
only issue i have with Element 1 13m is that it loses 80% of steering when depowered and it wont go to edge of window.
( disclosure: riding on another bar with Y 5m up and this apparently effects the kite)
Just trying to ensure i get some improvement from those kites.

This N3 12 will replace my Element V1 13.

Thanks for the help
TomW

Postby felix » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi Tom.
Some very good questions.
Bar set up is very important and where your Y splits effects your kite performance.
I watch pro riders of other brands modify the y split to get there kites performing well. The Y split position is one of the most over looked factors of kite performance. I strongly to suggest to get a Switch bar to fly with the kites if you do not have one.

The line pressure on the nitro3 has been adjusted so they are more evenly matched to give you comfort. and give such a center line pull. More like the N1 than the N2.

The kite still responds when powered up and sheeted out. How ever if you are completely sheeting it out and pulling the depower strap completely in - This is telling me it time to go down a size.

Looking at your weight - Twintip and wind you will be fine on a 12m but going to the moon on the top end. ...If you are looking at more surfboard style riding the 10m could be more your size. I weigh 70kg and can stay up wind on a 10m in 15 knots Nitro3 on a twin tip.

The 12m nitro will easily replace your 13m element . You will be very happy with the improvements on this kite.
Once again highly advised to fly it on the Switch bar to get 100% out of it.

The N3 has slightly faster turning than the v1 -lot more stable-better smoother feel off the lines -better depower. Higher Jumps.

If you have any more questions let me know and I will be more than happy to answer them.
Regards
Switch.
felix

Next

Return to General